How to Host the Most Dapper Dinner Party
Good weather makes you want to share these exquisite summer moments with your favourite people.
If you want to host a dinner party which stands out from the rest, have a look at some of our ideas to craft a creative evening of fun and laughter.
Try changing tack by planning your menu around a couple of good wines or whiskeys. Pair them according to each one’s undertones and flavours, serving around 3 or 4 variations for a 3- or 4-course meal.
A Tour of the Taste Buds
Theme your menu around different foods of the world. This can be in the form of a different country’s cuisine for each course, or a full 3-course meal in the flavours of one specific country.
For recipes and inspiration, check out our blog: Travel with your Taste Buds & Style with your Sebagos
Pro tip: Get a playlist running in the background which matches your theme and sets the mood
Instead of slogging in the kitchen all day to prepare for your evening soirée, why not put together DIY or ‘Make-Your-Own’ stations for your guests to handcraft their meals to their taste – in true Sebago style!
This works well with pizzas and burgers, as well as with cocktails, mocktails and ice-cream sundaes. Here is a list of toppings to get your shopping list started:
- Different types of cheese (mozzarella, ricotta, feta, cheddar)
- Different types of meat (salami, prosciutto, chicken, ham)
- Different types of herbs & spices (basil, oregano, rocket, coriander)
- Chilli & garlic
- Olives & capers
- Different types of burger patties (beef, chicken, veggie, fish, lamb)
- Greens (lettuce, rocket, spinach, mint, coriander, cucumber)
- Different types of sauces (cheese, ranch, tomato, monkey gland, mushroom, mustard)
- Pickles, gherkins, jalapeños
- Cheese slices
- Tomato & onion
- Fresh or dry fruit for infusions
- Different types of herbs & spices (mint, basil, edible flowers, cinnamon, vanilla)
- Different types of mixers (cola, lemonade, ginger ale, orange juice, bitters)
- Different types of ice-cream (vanilla, chocolate, stracciatella)
- Different types of nuts (cashew, pistachio, peanut, pecan, walnut)
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped cream
The Brilliance of the Braai
There is nothing new about a good, old-fashioned, South African braai. But you can upscale your braai by turning it into a sit-down dinner with thoughtful table décor, flowers, name cards, candles and more!
Dress the Part
Don’t fear! With a perfectly curated dinner party in the peak of summer, you can still be both stylish and comfortable with a handcrafted pair of Sebago shoes.
So make sure you enjoy the last of summer the right way, with the right people, and the right shoes.
Get your pair of Sebagos today, online or instore.