Brighten up your Winter with Sebago
Sebago has launched a colourful range of boat shoes, putting a twist on the classics and allowing you to truly express yourself every day.
The Sebago Portland Archive is available in an array of colour combinations, namely Navy Tan, Beige Indigo, Blue & Blue, Grey Pink and Navy Forest. The Sebago Portland Spinnaker, on the other hand, comes in Orange Green Musk, Taupe Green Sage, Blue Camel and Grey and more.
With Sebago boat shoes, there is a colour for everything. And while we move into the chilly season, we have 3 ways that you can brighten up your winter and your wardrobe.
1. Restore old furniture
Buying second-hand furniture does not have to mean that you are stuck with a second-rate style or look.
- An antique or ‘old-fashioned’ cupboard, for example, can be stripped down and painted in bright colours to both modernise and refresh the piece of furniture. And we’re sure that there is great colour combo inspiration in our Sebago Portland range to get you started!
- A set of old-school wooden café shutters can be repainted and reused as wall décor.
- An old mirror or photo frame can be renewed by getting creative with the frames. Your options here are endless!
- And a couch or armchair (and even scatter cushions) can be re-upholstered in a more contemporary fabric, or even in leather for a more durable and long-lasting option – just like the classic leather boat shoe.
Photo Credit: Love Property
2. Become a thrifter
Macklemore was on to something when he wrote ‘Thrift Shop’. Fashion is cyclical. So often what was in fashion and then out of fashion makes a trendy comeback.
Some of the more timeless items to look up at second-hand clothing stores include:
- Blazers, jackets and coats
[Pro tip: If you happen to find a denim jacket, you can add a stamp of your personal style to it by drawing or painting on the back.]
- Leather items, e.g. bags, driving gloves, purses, etc.
- Vintage sports jerseys
- Official concert t-shirts and merchandise
Photo Credit: Natinstablog
3. Add colour to your food & drink
From hearty winter meals to drinks that can warm you from the inside out, here are our favourite goodies to brighten up your winter diet.
- Turn a boring G&T into something special by adding colourful fruits, herbs and spices. Choose dry or fresh fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apple, orange, lemon and cucumber, combined with the likes of cinnamon sticks, star anise, clove, cardamom, pink pepper balls, mint, rocket, rosemary, and more.
- Swap your regular red wine for a spicy, warm Glühwein. This German winter mulled wine drink is as easy to make as it is easy to drink, consisting of Muscovado sugar, cloves, star anise, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, and orange rind. For maximum enjoyment, drink while wrapped in a blanket and sitting around a fire!
- As a colourful side dish for your chosen winter proteins, try a cheesy creamed spinach stuffed butternut. This side is every bit as colourful as it is wholesome! There are many other vegetables that are vivid in colour and can brighten up the table with ease – for example, broccoli, pumpkin, beetroot, carrot, corn, eggplant and peppers (green, red or yellow).
- Another easy meal that is full of colour is nachos. The yellows, ochres, and orange of the nachos and cheese are perfectly complemented by the bright green guacamole, red salsa and white sour cream.
- And to add a spring of colour to almost any meal, stock up on your garnishes. From black pepper to red chilli flakes and the array of greens found in parsley, oregano, basil and coriander – every dish you cook up will have a sprinkle of chef’s flair and colour.
Photo Credit: A Wandering Foodie
So don’t let the dull winter weather get you down. Rather, get up and brighten up the season yourself!
You can find the boat shoes that express the colour scheme of your personality in our Portland range. For tips on how to do it with flair, read our Winter Shoe-Styling Guide.
Brighten up your winter with Sebago!