Black Friday Survival Guide
Black Friday doesn’t have to be intimidating – triggering you with stress, fear and all things scary.
Why? Because you can shop online with Sebago! We’ve got the best deals and early bird specials for you to take advantage of from the safety of your home so that you can skip the crowds and enjoy the finer things in life instead.
If you have to go out this Black Friday though, get up to speed with our Black Friday Survival Guide so that you can equip yourself for a bountiful expedition!
Believe it or not, most of the work is done before you even step out for Black Friday! Here is how your planning and prepping should go.
- Ascertain your budget – Just because there are killer deals, doesn’t mean it’s impossible to overspend. Avoid getting yourself into debt by setting a limit on your spending for the day.
- Make a shopping list – This is not your average shopping list. Look at all of the ads or even go into the store to check out or fit on items before the Friday, so that you can recognise it easily if it goes on sale and can make a quick call on whether or not you’re taking it without needing to research the details first.
- Create a game plan – Once you have your shopping list, figure out the times that each shop on your list opens and closes and map out your route according to the order of your priority. This will also make sure you don’t overstay in some shops and completely miss out on others.
- Pick a shopping buddy – We all need an extra hand we can trust while out in the wilds of the Black Friday rush. Your buddy can drop you at the door so that you don’t have to waste precious time looking for a parking spot, and once you reunite, you can help each other carry all the items, hold place in the lines for each other, and just be that good old moral support.
On the Day
- Wear durable & comfortable shoes – You’re going to be on your feet the whole day, so a stylish, strong leather boat shoe from Sebago will keep you going and keep you cool.
- Stay hydrated & energised – Keep water and snacks on you to make sure you can keep up without crashing halfway.
- Double-check return policies – Make sure you check the return policies before making your purchase in case of changes to what you’re used to for Black Friday.
- Save the environment – Avoid collecting a mountain of plastic bags by taking your own sustainable, reusable bags with you for all your Black Friday shopping.
- Take every precaution – In the heat of the moment, don’t forget safety precautions like sanitising your hands and practising social distancing.
If this doesn’t sound like you and you’d rather avoid the crowds and urban jungle, opt for the online route at www.sebago.co.za so that you can shop from the safety and comfort of your home and enjoy your brand new boat shoes without the hassle – leaving you with more time to hit the beach.
Sign up to our newsletter for all of our online-only early bird specials in the week of Black Friday.